Feedio Email Subscribe WIDGET

Enter your email address:

Powered by Feedio

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

First Impressions ...

Wow, it's been awhile. A big project at the beach house (something for another post maybe) got in the way of my letterpress hobby - ouch. But the time as finally arrived. Yesterday photopolymer plates from BoxCar Press arrived by FedEx, Cranes Lettra came in overnight and I had picked up more ink from Gans Ink (thank you Rita) in Portland. So, last night I marshalled all forces (Kathy and Renee were there for the virgin outing), worked out details of getting the tympan (drawsheet) on properly, placed guide pins (that was kind of messy the first time), inked the press with dark red, figured out how to position the (photopolymer) plate on the base .. did a test on the tympan sheet - and we were off.

The first run was to lay down the 'Bad Dog Letterpress' type in the banner of my 'services sheet'.  Oh, about that ... we've had a name change.  I'm not saying there won't be a Chinook Letterpress in the future ... but we're casting off as 'Bad Dog Letterpress' which has all kind of history and legend associated with it - and is probably the better name (thanks Molly and Joerg - I'm sure you're right).


and


and


like printing money.

3 comments:

  1. So very exciting, Mike! I can't wait to see it myself in person!

    (and of course Joerg and I were right!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new name. Know you were attached to chinook, but that was yesterday and far too professional for todays you. I think the less serious people think you are about yourself, the more theyll like you for this sort of thing. Three cheers for molly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike, great to see you! The letterpress looks great, I'm impressed. Danielle

    ReplyDelete